Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Well, that was interesting

So, pulled my Bitch Puddins out of the oven a few hours ago, let the little bitches cool and sliced. A couple of notes...

-No need for fucking parchment paper. These things don't just pop out of the pan. They GLIDE. Seriously. Beautifully cooked. Took about an hour and fifteen minutes total.

-Pound cake is dense. I didn't think about that. So they didn't soak up as much of the liquid as traditional bread does. The cake swelled up like a tick and the excess liquid settled to the bottom. What this did was make the richest and creamiest bread pudding I've ever had WITH the added bonus of a layer of strawberry flavored custard on the bottom.



Dense rich cake on top, light fluffy custard on the bottom. BLAM BLAM da da da daaaaaa!!!! Bitch Puddin

So, overall, I give this idea 2 thumbs up. I don't reckon I would make a cake specifically to provide an ingredient to Bitch Pudding, but if I had some cake growing old and shit, it's definitely a way to recycle.

1 comment:

  1. I went online specifically to see if someone had a recipe for bitch pudding (I have wondered since I first saw the Robot Chicken sketch), and now I must try this. Before each bite I will proclaim, "Blayum!"

    ReplyDelete